MISTRAS Group, Inc
195 Clarksville Road
Princeton Junction, NJ 8550
Radiation Safety Officer
MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a workplace where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
The Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) is the lead technical expert on the Radiation Safety Team and acts as the principal technical resource to the Mistras Services Group Benicia, CA. The RSO is responsible for assuring that all job sites and the Benicia facility use of radiation conform with the MISTRAS Radioactive Material License, selected industry standards, and applicable government regulations. The RSO is responsible to assure that radiation exposures to personnel are as low as reasonably achievable.
• Review state and federal laws and Mistras O & E to recommend modifications to enhance and ensure the compliance, safety, and efficiency of the MISTRAS Radiation Safety Program.
• Perform and/or review investigations of overexposures, accidents, losses, thefts, unauthorized receipts, misuses, or other deviations from approved radiation safety practice and implement corrective actions when necessary.
• Respond to radiation safety emergencies, and prepare and submit reports to the appropriate governing bodies.
• Perform radiation safety audits and recommend improvements at each service location within the Mistras network.
• Consolidate and computerize various program aspects. Improve and advance the overall culture of the Radiation Safety Program.
• Establish and track key performance indicators
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Teaching and training radiation safety classes
• 5 years’ experience as a Radiographer.
• Must possess the desire to develop the position and take on a more compliant role in the future.
• Must have (or acquire) formal training in the establishment and maintenance of a Radiation protection program.
• Must possess experience in the establishment and maintenance of a radiation protection program. We will send the right candidate for RSO/IATA training.
• Must Possess IRRSP Certification
• Travel – Minimum 40%.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• Frequent lifting up to 55 lbs.
For consideration, please apply to:
To learn more about our company, please visit http://www.mistrasgroup.com
Follow us on Twitter: @mistrascareers
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer