MISTRAS Group, Inc
195 Clarksville Road
Princeton Junction, NJ 8550
The Assistant Technician will assist the Level II NDE Technician with the designated NDT method activities while gaining experience and knowledge.
• Assist technicians with setting up and tearing down of equipment
• Perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks, calibrations, and overall upkeep of equipment and facilities.
• Assist with proper documentation and reports of services provided.
• Learn and abide by company policies and procedures.
• Those hired to perform work as an Assistant Radiographer or Radiographer Trainee are also responsible for the following:
• May only operate radiographic equipment under the direct visual watch and supervision of a radiographer or radiographic instructor.
• Maintain constant surveillance and immediate control of industrial radiographic equipment at all times while it is use.
• Secure industrial radiographic equipment from unauthorized removal at all times, when not tended under constant surveillance and immediate control.
• Prevent all unauthorized personnel from being within the restricted area boundaries while industrial radiographic equipment is in use.
• Provide the required notification to appropriate safety management personnel in the event of an incident, and to provide assistance as needed.
• Capable of being certified as trustworthy and reliable per NRC criteria.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments which requires occasional out of town and overnight travel.
• Must be able to communicate with clients, supervisors, and co-workers.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
• Ability to read technical documents and engineering specifications is preferred.
• Proven ability to follow precise directions and procedures.
• Proven ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule.
The following requirements are also needed for individuals hired as an Assistant Radiographer or Radiographer Trainee:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• Field duties require outdoor work in a plant environment.
• Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• May be at more than one job site on a daily basis and must be able to tolerate changes in climate.
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
Essential Physical Functions:
• Ability to frequently lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct investigations.
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits the employee to perform routine office duties.
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
• Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.