MISTRAS Group, Inc
195 Clarksville Road
Princeton Junction, NJ 8550
Ultrasonic Level II Non-Destructive Testing Technician- Local Candidates
The Level II NDT Technician will provide in-house laboratory inspection in the following Non-destructive Testing Technique: Ultrasonic (UT).
· MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ACTIVITIES:
• Set up, calibrate equipment, and perform all required process checks prior to inspection.
• Conduct tests with appropriate NDT procedures, technique(s), and Prime Contractor specifications. Immersion inspection experience is a must have credential.
• Interpret, evaluate and document inspection results.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and capable of directing the work of trainees and Level I personnel.
• Must be familiar with the Aerospace Prime Contractor specifications and other contractual documents that control the method utilized by the employer.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Obtain and analyze information skillfully.
• Edit and present numerical data effectively.
· MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Graduate of a specialized NDT technical program meeting ASNT-TC-1A for UT is required.
• Prior certification as an NDE Level II. The candidate must have one (1) year experience as a Level 2, or prior certification as an NDE Level I technician with adequate experience hours and classroom training to be certify to Level II per ASNT-TC-1A standard for UT.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position;
· Problem Solving ~ Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Obtain and analyze information skillfully.
· Oral Communication ~ Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
· Written Communication ~ Edit and present numerical data effectively.
· Interpersonal Skills ~ maintain confidentiality.
· Planning / Organization ~ Prioritize and plan work activities using time efficiently.
· Adaptability ~ Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays and/or unexpected events.
· Dependability ~ consistently at work on time, follows instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
· Quality ~ demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
· Safety ~ actively promotes safety procedures; use all equipment and materials properly.
· WORKING CONDITIONS:
• In-house plant/shop atmosphere.
• Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and clients.
• Working in plant and/or shop areas around other NDT inspection equipment and Forklifts moving parts around, can cause elevated noise levels.
• Must be physically fit and able to pick up 50 lbs.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
· ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to frequently lift 50 pounds.
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct inspections.
• Positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a professional manner with fellow employees.
For consideration, please apply to:
To learn more about our company, please visit: http://www.mistrasgroup.com
Follow us on Twitter: @mistrascareers
Mistras Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.