Bastion Technologies Inc.
17625 El Camino Real
Houston, TX 77058
Pressure Systems Engineer Supporting NASA
Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on a strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Pressure Systems Engineer will support the SMAS supporting NASA-MSFC.
- Certification efforts involve performing walkdown inspections, data gathering, engineering analysis, documentation preparation, and data entry into applicable collection and storage locations.
- Coordinate inspection activities with NDE Inspectors as well as systems/vessel user/owners to obtain data and evaluate conditions of components, piping, tubing, and vessels.
- Certification efforts are performed in accordance with national consensus standards such as ASME Section VIII, B31.1, B31.3, NBIC as well as NASA standard NASA-STD-8719.17 and MSFC specific standard MPR 8710.1.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires US Citizenship due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in the field of engineering, or a related field.
- Must have 5+ years of recent experience with pressure vessels and systems.
- General knowledge of pressure systems components (i.e., valves, regulators, gauges, relief valves), their functions, and the ability to identify them in person.
- Ability to prepare detailed documentation for delivery to the NASA customer using an agreed to format that satisfies the requirements of the applicable national consensus standards and NASA standards.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, specifically P&IDs.
- Experience using ASME and/or American Petroleum Institute (API) methods to determine whether pressure vessels or piping can remain in service with defects identified during non-destructive examination by others (i.e., fitness-for-service analysis).
- Experience performing pressure vessel fatigue analysis to determine vessel remaining fatigue life using commercially available software (PV Elite, Compress, etc.).
Experience working with Non-Destructive Techniques such as UT, ET, PT, MT, RT.
- Familiarity with pressure vessel or component manufacturing processes.
- Certification in API 510 or API 570.
- Experience performing analysis with NASGRO Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue software.
This position offers a hybrid work schedule; some hours will be remote, and some hours will be in the office.
STANDARD BASTION REQUIREMENTS:
All of Bastion’s employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY:
At Bastion, we are passionate about our people and our safety culture. We are committed to a journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company, that philosophy fosters an environment of collaboration across cultures. Individual thoughts, opinions, and perspectives bring value and help us develop solutions for challenging problems, they make us more inventive, and more resilient.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
To apply for this job please visit bastiontechnologies.applicantpro.com.