4200 Camp Ground Road
Louisville, KY 40216
Senior API Inspector
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- API Inspector will support our process equipment inspection programs to align with corporate standards and best practices related to Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance (MIQA) programs. Performing API Pressure Vessel, Piping, FRP and Tank inspections.
- Documenting and transmitting of inspection results, and making recommendations as appropriate for repair/upgrade/retirement of equipment.
- Defining and approving repairs to fixed equipment, per the applicable ASME/API standards and Chemours Best Practices (RAGAGEPs), potentially including auditing and evaluation of contracted repair organizations, and inspection of repair work.
- Developing inspection and test plans for plant equipment, inspecting/examining equipment per applicable ASNT, ASME/API Standards and Chemours Best Practices (RAGAGEPs).
- Managing inspection data in systems such as Ultrapipe®, Operational Sustainability software, SharePoint and SAP/PM.
- Developing and Maintaining inspection and repair scope documentation and work completion QA- potentially including NDE procedures, welding procedures and inspection plans.
Coordinating the work of NDT Inspectors/examiners including the IRIS, Eddy Current and auditing and evaluation of their work
- Performing QA and inspection activities for incoming equipment
- Supporting site MI-QA-Improvement initiatives and Infrastructure repair work
- Coaching and Developing site API resources
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience with a background in inspection/examination of chemical plant process equipment OR Military Equivalent Experience
- API 510, 570 and 653 certifications.
- ASNT level II certifications in VT. Other ASNT certifications in UT, PT, MT, RT (film)
- Knowledge of applicable RAGAGEPs including ASME, API, ASTM.
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM), M&R and sourcing best practice
- Working knowledge of inspection and equipment management software similar to SAP/PM, Meridium, Operational Sustainability software and Ultrapipe®.
- Knowledge and ability to read and interpret construction drawings, process & instrumentation diagrams, as well as fabrication prints.
- Certified welding inspector-CWI is preferred
- Ability to wear and work in a respirator and climbing, crawling, bending and multi-stairs equipment inspections
- Ability to work in confined spaces, including entry through small man ways (18″)
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Experience working in the chemicals industry
To apply for this job please visit chemours.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.