Ada County Highway District
3775 Adams Street
Garden City, ID 83714
Applications are now being accepted for a Project Inspector in the Engineering Division at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage of $21.58 – $24.81 per hour, DOE.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, paid parental leave, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Project Inspector is responsible for contract and project monitoring as well as inspection and evaluation of construction projects being performed in the right-of-way to ensure work meets District standards, policies, and specifications.
- The individual duties will include participating in pre-construction conferences on assigned projects; inspecting steel and concrete structures; coordinating surveying and materials testing; preparing technical data for contract changes, preparing monthly pay estimates, quantities, change orders, and overrun justifications; coordinating resolution of engineering, construction, right-of-way, utility work, and safety problems; conducting weekly inspection of storm water pollution prevention plans.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of road construction; storm drainage construction; construction surveying; project management; project scheduling and monitoring; basic engineering mathematics; traffic hazards and traffic safety procedures; stormwater pollution prevention standards and practices (SWPPP).
- ·Must be able to obtain a Nuclear Safety, Responsible Person, and Traffic Control Technician Certifications within 3 months of employment. All WAQTC and IQP Certifications are required within 12 months. Must possess a valid Idaho driver’s license.
- Completion of college level courses in Civil Engineering or a related field are preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 16, 2021. Applications are available at 3775 N. Adams; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
To apply for this job please visit www.achdidaho.org.