MISTRAS Group, Inc
195 Clarksville Road
Princeton Junction, NJ 8550
Level II RT/MT/PT/UT Technicians
5k sign on bonus for qualified candidates!
The Level II NDE Technician will provide field and/or shop work in one or more of the following Non-destructive testing techniques: Ultrasonic (UTT) ~ Radiography (RT) ~ Magnetic Particle (MT) ~ Dye Penetrant (PT)
• Set up and calibrate equipment.
• Conduct tests with appropriate NDT technique(s).
• Interpret, evaluate and document results.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and capable of directing the work of trainees and Level I personnel.
• Must be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Obtain and analyze information skillfully.
• Edit and present numerical data effectively.
• For individuals hired to perform Level II Radiography:
o Operate and maintain radiographic equipment as necessary and where applicable.
o Capable of being deemed trust worthy and reliable per NRC criteria.
o Transport industrial radiographic equipment in accordance with all applicable federal/state transportation regulations and local requirements, the license and its conditions, applicable license procedures, company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
o Utilize industrial radiographic equipment in a manner prescribed by the manufacturer and in accordance with all applicable federal/state regulations and local requirements, the license and its conditions, applicable license procedures, company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
o Maintain constant surveillance and immediate control of industrial radiographic equipment at all times while in use.
o Secure industrial radiographic equipment from unauthorized removal at all times, when not tended under constant surveillance and immediate control.
o Prevent all unauthorized personnel from being within the restricted area boundaries while industrial radiographic equipment in use.
o Prevent damage, loss or theft of industrial radiographic equipment and all associated accessories when possible.
o Provide required notification to appropriate safety management personnel in the event of an incident and to provide assistance as necessary.
o Provide direct and constant supervision of the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee whenever the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee operates radiographic equipment.
o Verify, prior to performing radiographic operations that the radiographic device, associated equipment and personnel used under their supervision during the performance of radiographic operations are in accordance with company procedures and the regulations of the jurisdiction (NRC/Agreement State) where radiographic operations are being conducted.
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Graduate of a specialized NDT technical program meeting SNT-TC1A for one or all of the following is required: UT, RT, MT or PT.
• Prior certification as an NDE Level II with one (1) year experience or prior certification as an NDE Level I technician with adequate field experience hours to certify to Level II per SNT-TC1A standards on all or one (1) of the following is required; UT, RT, MT or PT.
• Industrial Radiographers Certification Card preferred. (Required for all hired as a Radiographer).
• Completion of a forty (40) hour Radiation Safety Course preferred. (Required for all hired as a Radiographer).
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position;
o Problem Solving ~ Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Obtain and analyze information skillfully.
o Oral Communication ~ Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
o Written Communication ~ Edit and present numerical data effectively.
o Interpersonal Skills ~ maintain confidentiality.
o Planning / Organization ~ Prioritize and plan work activities using time efficiently.
o Adaptability ~ Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays and/or unexpected events.
o Dependability ~ consistently at work on time, follows instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
o Quality ~ demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
o Safety ~ actively promotes safety procedures; use all equipment and materials properly.
• Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
• Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and clients.
• Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
• Must be physically fit and able to carry 50 lbs frequently for Radiography work.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• May be at more than one jobsite in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to frequently lift and carry 55 pounds.
For consideration, please apply to:
To learn more about our company, please visithttp://www.mistrasgroup.com
Follow us on Twitter: @mistrascareers
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer