MISTRAS Group, Inc
195 Clarksville Road
Princeton Junction, NJ 8550
Level II UT Technician
The Level II NDE Technician will provide in-house Aerospace (UT) shop work as detailed below:
• NDT Method (UT)
o Set up and calibrate equipment.
o Conduct tests with appropriate UT NDT technique(s).
o Interpret, evaluate, and document inspection results.
o Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and capable of directing the work of trainees and Level I personnel.
o Must be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
o Work with minimal supervision.
o Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
o Obtain and analyze information skillfully.
o Edit and present numerical data effectively.
• NDT Method Techniques (UT):
• Contact experience on Aerospace hardware is a plus.
• Immersion experience with manual inspection systems is a plus.
• Immersion experience with automated C-scan systems for inspection of GE, Honeywell, Rolls Royce, Pratt & Whitney, and other Aerospace Prime Contractors hardware, is HIGHLY desirable.
• Experience with Automated Through Transmission (TTU) inspection systems is a plus.
• MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Graduate of a specialized NDT technical program meeting SNT-TC1A, and/or NAS-410 in UT is required.
• Prior certification as an NDE Level II with one (1) year experience or prior certification as an NDE Level I technician with adequate Aerospace experience hours to certify to Level II per SNT-TC1A or NAS-410 standards is required for UT.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem Solving ~ Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Obtain and analyze information skillfully.
• Oral Communication ~ Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
• Written Communication ~ Edit and present numerical data effectively.
• Interpersonal Skills ~ maintain confidentiality.
• Planning / Organization ~ Prioritize and plan work activities using time efficiently.
• Adaptability ~ Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays and/or unexpected events.
• Dependability ~ consistently at work on time, follows instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
• Quality ~ demonstrates integrity, accuracy, thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
• Safety ~ actively promotes safety procedures; use all equipment and materials properly.
• WORKING CONDITIONS:
• In-house plant and/or shop atmosphere.
• Interaction with other inspection employees, as well as supervisors and clients.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• May be able to workday or night and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis, if needed.
• ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to frequently lift and carry 50 pounds, as needed.
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct inspections and investigations.
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits the employee to perform routine office duties.
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
• Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via stairs.
Fulltime positions with competitive wages and benefits that include health, dental, vision and 401(k).
Please apply to the link below:
Mistras Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.