Advanced NDE (PAUT) Specialist
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced NDE (PAUT) Specialist will be responsible for technical implementation and operational support of Specialist Inspection Services (SIS) advanced NDE technologies, with specific emphasis on advanced ultrasonic testing (UT) methods and systems, including AUT Corrosion Mapping and PAUT.
Travel to client sites, manufacturing facilities and offshore at least 50% of the time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and execute jobs, following work instructions, with specific emphasis on specialist techniques.
- Assist and support SIS Management in day-to-day activities.
- Assist clients with their inquiries.
- Responsible for equipment, maintenance, and QHSE (Oceaneering and Client) document control.
- Continue training to receive qualifications in other conventional and advanced NDE methods and technologies.
- Assist in training for associate technicians, which will include in-house and field training, mentoring, and annual assessments to ensure competency. Aid in continual advancement and improvement.
- Perform advanced ultrasonic examinations of onshore pipelines, plant piping systems, offshore topside, and subsea piping systems.
- Maintain test sample logs and assessing the requirements for test sample acquisition.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope, capabilities, and limitations of the techniques and methods in which certified.
- Work alongside the SIS Technical Management team in maintaining procedures relating to the relevant discipline, generating techniques, and managing quality control of the method.
- Assist the Technical Management team in Business Development, including updating information sheets and technical bulletins and attending open days, workshops, and industry trade conferences.
- Travel to client sites, manufacturing facilities and offshore at least 50% of the time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
SNT-TC-1A compliant classroom training hours in the following methods: UT, PAUT.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in application of advanced ultrasonic methods.
- Minimum certification to Level II per ASNT-TC-1A or CP-189 in UT and PAUT required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
- SafeGulf Training
- Valid passport
- Rope Access Level 1 Training and Certification
- Must have ability to meet company certification standards.
Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with Industry Standard Application Software, as well as manufacturer specific advanced NDE technology application software.
This position is considered both ONSHORE & OFFSHORE based on business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.