National Engineering Resources, Inc.
7100 Northland Circle
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
Quality Assurance Engineer
Our customer is a leader in technologically advanced HVAC equipment, Energy Management, and service support. They have an immediate need for a Quality Assurance Engineer II for their facility located Staunton, VA. Relocation assistance available.
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviews non-conformities discovered with purchased products or components and provides input on whether to accept the product.
· May plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, and/or test to assure the quality of finished products once qualified by production.
· Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
· Investigates customer/warranty quality assurance issues
· Documents data obtained during quality assurance reviews and uses quality assurance tools such as statistical process control (SPC), failure mode effects analysis (FMEA), etc. for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
· May perform Process Capability studies to determine CpK.
· Collaborates with manufacturing engineering and production teams to solve quality problems. May participate in or lead Kaizen events to solve quality assurance problems.
· Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management. Prepares reports to communicate results of quality assurance activities.
· Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
· May present training on quality topics including ISO requirements, standard operating procedures to ensure a quality product, Kaizen processes, etc.
· May direct technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
· Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance standards, including current ISO requirements.
Have a background in welding, welding processes.
· Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Develops project plans; Communicates changes and progress; Manages project team activities.
· Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
· Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
· Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in engineering or related technical field; three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Project Management software; Internet software; Manufacturing software and Database software; Oracle, Mini-tab, and Access experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
· Certified Quality Assurance Engineer preferred.
· Six Sigma Green belt preferred.
For Immediate consideration email resume to email@example.com Call Mike for details at 763-561-1061